Monday, February 02, 2009

Ruffled Flower

As promised last week - the Ruffled Flower!

Cobweb flower close-up


MATERIALS


I used about 5gm (50m/55yds or so) of a cobweb-weight cashmere/silk blend, worked with a 2.75mm (C) hook. I used a 1cm (half inch) diameter spherical pearl button for the centre. The flower came out at 7cm (about 3 inches) diameter. Thicker yarn and hooks will produce bigger flowers.

ABBREVIATIONS

ch – chain
ss – slip stitch
sc - single crochet
dc – double crochet
tr – treble crochet


INSTRUCTIONS - British terminology

Row 1: Leave a long end, then ch3, ss to close

Row 2: Ch3 in place of first tr, then 27 tr into ring, ss into 3rd of beginning ch (28tr)

Row 3: Ch4 in place of first tr and ch, (skip next tr, tr into next tr, ch1) to end, ss into 3rd of beginning ch (14 ch-1 spaces)

Row 4: Ch4 in place of first tr and ch, (tr1, ch1) 4 more times into 1st ch1-space, then (tr1, ch1) 5 times into each ch1-space to end, ss into 3rd of beginning ch (70tr)

Row 5: ch1, work 2dc into each ch1-space to end, ss into 1st ch (140dc)

Row 6: ch5, ss to 1st dc, (ch5, ss to next dc) to end, ss to base of 1st 5-ch (140 ch-5 spaces)

Sew in ends, using the cast-on end to sew a gorgeous bead or button into the centre. Attach to a pin, or sew onto a top, shawl or evening bag.


INSTRUCTIONS - US terminology

Row 1: Leave a long end, then ch3, ss to close

Row 2: Ch3 in place of first dc, then 27 dc into ring, ss into 3rd of beginning ch (28dc)

Row 3: Ch4 in place of first dc and ch, (skip next dc, dc into next dc, ch1) to end, ss into 3rd of beginning ch (14 ch-1 spaces)

Row 4: Ch4 in place of first dc and ch, (dc1, ch1) 4 more times into 1st ch1-space, then (dc1, ch1) 5 times into each ch1-space to end, ss into 3rd of beginning ch (70dc)

Row 5: ch1, work 2sc into each ch1-space to end, ss into 1st ch (140sc)

Row 6: ch5, ss to 1st sc, (ch5, ss to next sc) to end, ss to base of 1st 5-ch (140 ch-5 spaces)

Sew in ends, using the cast-on end to sew a gorgeous bead or button into the centre. Attach to a pin, or sew onto a top, shawl or evening bag.

7 comments:

Mary Anne said...

ooooh, a most beautiful and delicate flower too!

Rinatsu Chan said...

This really beautiful!!

lee woo said...

Well honestly i'm tried of being the one that understands. I'm tired of being here for everybody when they need me and as soon as they see that I need them they disappear. I'm tired of being hurt and forgiving everybody. I'm so sick of having a fake smile for everybody and for once in my life I wanna sit down and cry and feel that it's okay. I hate being the strong person and I hate being nice. I wanna be able to mean and I want people to know that they can't just walk over over me. I wanna be somebody that I'm not. See the link below for more info.

#tired
www.mocsbar.com

andrea chiu said...

Being Beautiful, doesn't make you smile, doesn't make you happy, doesn't make you nice. Being nice and happy and always smiling makes you beautiful.Thanks for sharing your article , you can also visit my site for more information. Have a good day!

triciajoy.com

www.triciajoy.com

Cindy Dy said...


I like the way on how you put up your blogs. Wonderful and awesome. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Goodluck. Happy blogging!

Bubble
www.gofastek.com

Cindy Dy said...


I like the way on how you put up your blogs. Wonderful and awesome. Hope to read more post from you in the future. Goodluck. Happy blogging!

Bubble
www.gofastek.com

lee woo said...

Love it! Very interesting topics, I hope the incoming comments and suggestion are equally positive. Thank you for sharing this information that is actually helpful.


ufgop.org
ufgop.org