Monday, March 16, 2009

Merlin!

Well, we certainly know we have another cat!

It's not just the talking, or the thundering down the hall like a herd of elephants, or even the destructiveness - it's his absolutely unshakeable belief that, whatever we are doing, we cannot possibly accomplish it unless he helps. My books all have teeth marks. My yarn has all had to be securely fastened into containers he can't open - and he's already working on zips. I had to abandon half a yoghurt today because I couldn't get my spoon past his head.

He has a fascination for anything knitted. So far he has abducted my inhaler bag (complete with inhaler - we can't find it anywhere), my glasses case and my MP3 player cosy. He throws them around, drags them into a corner, and then growls over them.

I can't knit or crochet, because he drops onto my chest every time I start, and tries to run away with my project. He chews my hair, claws my chin, and makes my arm ache by refusing to sleep in any other position than draped over my elbow.

And you know what?

I wouldn't change him for the world :))

He makes me laugh so much, especially when Richard gets him chasing the laser pointer. He has woken Chloe up and given her a new lease of life - they play together several times a day, and seem to get on amazingly well. And he is the softest, cuddliest kitten I've had apart from Tigger (and let's face it, Tigger was a one-off). He has us wound quite securely around his huge black paw, and he knows it :)

Richard has photos and two video clips at his Flickr site, but this is my favourite:


Merlin3

Merlin says: 'So, let's see - inhaler bag, check; catnip mouse, check; Mum's ability to say no to me, check...'

5 comments:

Wibbo said...

Awwww, he's beautiful! I did laugh at the laser pointer video; such persistence :oP

Daisy said...

Oh, he's totally gorgeous! I would love a cat like that here!

Mary Sharpe said...

It's extraordinary what we tolerate in kittens that we wouldn't in children. I don't suppose your son would have got away with all this when he was little!

Mary

Amerynthe said...

Definitely the reincarnation of my Hugo ...

Lovely boy!

Tola said...

oh im so glad you have a new fur-baby! please regale us with more of his misdeeds!