Friday, January 28, 2005

If you want to get ahead, get a hat

The rest of the yarn for Paul's beanie finally arrived, and I finished it on Wednesday night.

Then I tried it on. It covered my entire head.

After my unpicking and remaking it at about half the previous length (I hadn't appreciated how stretchy the yarn was!), he now has a fab purple beanie, which, because I knitted it in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, I have decided to name 'Blissful'. I'm about to submit the pattern to 'Knitting' magazine. Cross your needles for me :)

Linda's top is coming on apace, at last - 23 rows to go to finish the back, then I just have the short sleeves and long collar to do.

I also made the nummy yarn into socks, using a modified version of the two-needle socks in 'Socks Two' (Vogue 'Knitting on the Go' series). It did not like being socks. So, it's back in a big ball once again, while it decides what it does want to be......

I've had a lovely couple of weeks leafing through the new issues of 'Knitting', 'Vogue Knitting' and 'Interweave Knits' - I'm a magazine junkie as well as a yarn strumpet :)

Tell me, did anyone out there who read the article on Domino Knitting (in 'Knitting' magazine) make head or tail of it? Or is it just me? (Which, let's face it, is quite likely - my brain is still on holiday after Christmas!)

Off to the Knitting and Crochet Guild in Newcastle tomorrow - my monthly treat. It seems like ages since the November meeting. I wonder what everyone's working on now?

No comments: